I HEART U

Saturday, January 4, 2014

~Fill me Lord Jesus



How is your cup doing? (That might sound a little strange. Let me explain.) Is it half-full? 99.9% full? Overflowing? What fills your cup? Are you running so much here and there trying to keep up with your busy schedule that you miss your special time with God? Or does you day revolve around your time spent with Him? God would LOVE to fill your heart to overflowing! In essence it is Him pouring Himself into your life. Then you, taking from that flow, can pour it into others around you! Are you filled with Him? Lets look at it from a different angle. Would you know if someone else was filled with God and His Spirit? Matthew 7:17 says “Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.” We should be able to see it.

How will you know if someone is filled.
By their words-
    Psalm 71:8 ‘Let my mouth be filled with thy praise an honor all the day.’
By their hunger for God’s word-
          Matthew 5:6 ‘Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.’
By their bold and sincere love for Christ-
          Acts 4:31b ‘And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.’
By their joy-
         Acts 13:52 ‘And the disciples were filled with joy and the Holy Ghost.’

Are these attributes in your life? Does God rule there? Can others tell that He is the one filling you?
  Romans 15:13-14 tells a few more attributes that should be present in a God-filled believer’s life.
   ‘Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing that ye may abound in in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
    And I myself am also persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.’

I think its interesting here that Paul says “able also to admonish one another.” We are to be able to go to a brother or sister who is living in sin, and lovingly speak the truth to them. There may be something they are struggling with and just need someone to encourage them to go to Jesus, or to take them to Jesus. .) Either way they need to know that you will hold them accountable.

2 comments:

  1. This was a lovely post, Heather. I love the picture with the Scripture verse on it.

    I definitely know some people who's hearts are overflowing with God's goodness that they spread His love everywhere they go!

    May God bless you!

    His Princess,
    Bekah

    P.S. Thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog. I love reading everyone's thoughts and I agree with you every step of the way. Have you ever considered leading a BRIGHT Lights group?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting.
      And about the question... no I don't think I ever did. I do know about Bright Lights though. Sarah Mally has been very encouraging to me and I love the Wissman's Bright Lights music CD. (And the song book too!)
      I haven't felt led in that direction but thanks for the idea!
      Blessings!
      ~Heather

      Delete