I HEART U

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

~Looking to Him




Do you know what one of the hardest things in life today is? Being still! Everything is fast-paced; you're going somewhere, or doing something, and you know what? Its so easy to forget about God.
How are we supposed to hear His still small voice when our schedules are full and we go from one thing to the next? We are so focused on the here and now that we miss His promptings.
  Col. 3:2 says "Set your affections on things above not on things on the earth." We are going to have to concisely and continually take our minds off of us and on to God. I know, I struggle here. So how can we do that? Later on in Col. 3 verses 16-17 it kind of explains. "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of our Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him"
  So from that I get that we need to be in the word, believing it and applying it, so that it becomes our life. Then our minds will be drawn to Him. It won't be a struggle when our heart is already there.
  So here are some suggestions (I intend to use them too!)

  • When you see a beautiful creation-praise God for it!
  • When something special happen-thank God for it!
  • When something unpleasant happens-thanks God for it! ;)
Unpleasant things should turn our thought to God just as well as pleasant one!
One way I love to praise God is by going outside and finding a secluded place, then I sing my heart out to Him. (I love to sing!)

These are just some things I'm thinking about and I hope they make you think too!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Heather for the encouragement. I need to be truly believing and apply God's Word more in my everyday life. When I do I am blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Heather! I love to sing, too:-)

    ReplyDelete