I HEART U

Friday, August 8, 2014

~In His Presence



This story like scene has been going around in my mind for a while and just a few days ago I wrote it out. Read them through. In a million years from now, where will you be?

{Taken from Matthew 7:22-23, 25:31-46}

The room was cold and still. There I stood-alone. A hooded figure flitted around me, bringing to everyone’s attention my failures and sins. I could not look up. The shame of my sin weighed on me heavily. What could I say? It was true.
  The black cape on the hooded figure swirled around him as he brought accusation after accusation against me, till finally he flung his hand towards me with a slender finger pointing, he hissed “Guilty!”
  All eyes now rose to the seat where the heavenly Father, the King of glory, sat waiting. Slowly He rose up in all His majesty and glory, and stepped forward.
  I lifted my eyes up to see Him staring back. But as I watched, I noticed He wasn't looking at me, but behind me. Watching His eyes I saw them harden, and with that He turned away. My heart froze in fear and I cried out “Lord! Didn't I teach in your name? And by your name cast out devils? With your name didn't I do many wonderful things?” Rushing forward I reached out to take a hold of His robe, but before I could, two heavenly beings pulled me back. “Lord!” I cried out again. He stopped, squared His shoulder, and replied “I never knew you.” Then without even looking back He commanded “Depart from me, you that work iniquity!”
  At His command the beings drug me away, out of His presence and away from His love forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The room was still. There I stood-alone. A hooded figure flitted around me, bringing to everyone’s attention my failures and sins. I could not look up. It was true.
  The black cape on the hooded figure swirled around him as he brought accusation after accusation against me, till finally he flung his hand towards me with a slender finger pointing, he hissed “Guilty!”
  All eyes now rose to the seat where the heavenly Father, the King of glory, sat waiting. Slowly He rose up in all His majesty and glory, and stepped forward.
  I lifted my eyes up to see Him staring back. But as I watched, I noticed He wasn't looking at me, but behind me. A smile spread across His face. Suddenly I felt such a calm; a peace that went completely beyond my understanding. Almost…almost as if someone were there behind me, standing with me. Looking over my shoulder I saw Him! There was someone behind me! The Prince! My Savior who died for me! Stepping forward, He extended a hand towards me. It was marred and bruised, and in the center of the wrist there was an ugly black scar. Looking up into His face I saw tears in His eyes, but even more than that-love. Such complete love and…peace.
   Slowly I raised my hand and took a hold of His, and Oh, there was such power in His hold! He then turned to the King and spoke “Father, this is my child. I have bought her with my blood. She is free!
   Then He looked back to me and said while taking both my hands in His “Come, ye blessed of my Father! Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you fed me, thirsty and you gave me drink. I was a stranger and you took me in, naked and you clothed me, sick and you visited me. I was in prison and you came unto me.”
   Confused I looked down, “But Lord, I’m afraid you must be thinking of someone else.” I said while shaking my head. “When did I ever see you as a stranger and take you in? Or naked and clothe you? And when were you sick or in prison that I came to see you?”
   Turning me towards the people, He smiled and extended a hand out over them. “In as much as you have done it unto the least of these, my brethren, you have done it unto me!”    

No comments:

Post a Comment