I HEART U

Monday, September 25, 2017

~Prayer for a warrior's heart


God give me the heart of a warrior. Give me the courage to stand faithful and steadfast against the enemy's advances. Let my heart not quaver at the sight of battle but forever look to my Captain. 
Teach me to fight. But only in Your name and for Your glory. Stop me from engaging in useless battles. Direct me in when to fight and when to walk away. Show me the battles that aren't for me, so that I am not hindering my comrades. Give me eyes to see the wounded and dying all around me. Let me not overlook them. But God give me a burning hatred for the Enemy and all his ways. Give me zeal for overthrowing his kingdom and setting those he holds captive free! 
Remind me constantly where my strength comes from and how often I need to seek more. 
Forgive me for the times that I desert in fear. Show me how to rise from the ashes and once again wield your sword!

For in Your name

I WILL CONQUER!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I really like it. "Teach me to fight." More often I'm remembering to ask God to teach me how to do things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! I needed this reminder! May God bless you with a continued desire to follow Him giving Him your all!

    ReplyDelete