I HEART U

Thursday, February 20, 2014

~Patience in welldoing



Imagine with me that you are helping out at an elderly person's home (and of course doing your best!) maybe cleaning or something. And here someone comes up to you and starts criticizing you and telling you what an awful job you are doing. (Assuming this person is a non-believer.) How would you respond? If you simply smile and respond kindly you are doing exactly what God wants you to do. (If you have the right attitude as well, that is!) In 1 Peter 2:20b-21 it says 'but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:' 
  God says it is acceptable to him when you respond correctly. And through that, what a witness we can be to others! God brings things like that into our lives for a reason, but we have to choose what we are going to do with it. Get upset, maybe retaliate, or praise God.
  Now something like someone criticizing us isn't really that big a thing, but what about if someone were about to harm you? Would you grab a gun and defend yourself? Maybe even shoot them? Just one question about that: What kind of a witness would that be? Is that how Christ would respond? (oops that was two!) Umm I don't think so. He commanded us to love our enemies, to bless the ones that curse us, to do good to those that hate us, and finally to pray for the people who wrongfully use us and persecute us. (Matt 5:44)
  You may say "Well I need to protect myself and those around me!" All I have in answer to that is "How big is your God?" Is He not big enough or strong enough to take care of you? Yes, what I am talking about here is non-resistance. Please understand that I am writing this out of complete love for all of you out there reading. but if this offends you, I suggest you take it up with God. I got all this from His word.
  I urge you, if you don't agree with this, go talk to Him about it.
 
To sum it all up: I wholeheartedly believe God IS big enough to take care of us, it all comes down to weather or not we will trust Him and allow Him to do it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment