I HEART U

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

~I'm back!

Wow! It really has been a while! Don't worry, I'm still living, I just haven't been very active in blogging land!
 Honestly, for a while I either didn't know what to share or didn't have time to do it. I will endeavor to do so now.
A couple months ago I started putting my horse knowledge to good use by giving riding lessons. I now have 6 wonderful students who do their best to keep me challenged. Mentally and physically. And quite truly, the mental part has been the most demanding! When you become a teacher, you have to step back, evaluate and decide exactly what you believe in order to teach it. I have also come to the conclusion that riding is more mental than physical. If riding to you, is simply pulling left, pulling right, and pulling back, you have only scratched the surface of horsemanship. I have always told people that riding isn't easy and that it takes time to learn. In giving lessons I am almost overwhelmed by that fact! But God has also continued to prove to me that He is interested in the little things...even riding lesson plans.  And when I put them in His hands (along with the worries and stresses that go along with horses and inexperienced people) He works it out better than I could have imagined.
My younger students are especially challenging in their many questions. But then, because of those many questions it makes me think more and realize the areas I am lacking in or don't know enough about. Oh the joys of having to stay ahead of your students! They really do help to push me on further in my learning and thinking.

I have to say, y'all who don't ride are really missing out! Looking back I've learned so much in my journey with horses. Patience being the #1 thing. Also perseverance, dedication, confidence, how to be a good leader, the detriment and dangers of frustrations and anger, to be safe, and not take unnecessary risks. I could go on, but I better stop there. I'm sure you get the idea.  But let me be clear, all these came from God. He simply uses horses to bring these lessons about in my life. Yes, I am a horsewoman. But first and foremost I am a daughter of the one true King. So I try to filter my view and relationship with horses through my understanding of Him, not my love for horses.

 Just had to put on some pix of Sheika I took today.
Can you see her blaze? Hopefully I will have a post about her soon. Hopefully.
:)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is seriously awesome! You are a very good example of using your talents wisely!
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that you are giving riding lessons...it does help you learn a lot when the pressures on you as a teacher! Sheika is looking good, yes please do a post on her!;)

    ReplyDelete