I HEART U

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

~We must

You know... sometimes I don't want to. I don't want to get up, I don't want to help, I don't want to be willing. But, that doesn't really matter.

Why am I here? Why is anyone here? Well let me tell you. The answer is throughout the Bible but I'm going to point out the verse in Revelation 4, where the 24 elders fell down before God, throwing their crowns at His feet. In verse 11 they said
"Thou art worthy, O Lord to receive glory and honor and power; for thou hast created all things and FOR THY PLEASURE they are and were created."

There we go. For His pleasure. So is this life about us? No. Is our pleasure and glory what is important? No. Only His pleasure and His glory.

Sometimes (well a lot of times for me) we get caught up in ourselves. What we want or don't want shouldn't be our priority. And really denying ourselves is what is required to be a follower of Jesus. He gave up everything for us to see and know the Father.

Something to think about: 
Can't and won't shouldn't even be in our spiritual vocabulary. God gives us the grace to do what we need to. The strength to accomplish. The power to overcome. When we say we can't we are questioning and limiting God's abilities to work on our behalf. When we say we won't we are just saying our will is superior to others' or God's.
Sometimes we need to stop and get a hold of ourselves. Who is running us? Actually that is a good question. We have to face it. You may have given your life to God but there is still a force out there working in opposition to Him and His will. That force is Satan. He tries to control our lives with these 3 things:

1. Worldly desires
2. Fleshly desires
3. Lies of Satan

And most times, one of theses will have more hold than the others. You need to identify it and remove its hold from your life so that God can have full control. Lets call sin, SIN!
I'm really tired of hearing people say "That is just the way I am." or "I can't help it."
Who do you serve?
Is your God so small that He has no power to help you overcome and be victorious?

The God of the Bible says
"Be of good cheer I have overcome the world, I will never leave you nor forsake you, I will make you MORE than conquerors, I will give you victory through Jesus, I will sanctify, justify, cleanse, forgive, heal, and protect. And oh yeah, when I am for you, who or what can be against you?!"   

The choice always falls back to us though. Will we accept all His promises and run with them or continue to live as we have in the fear, insecurities, guilt, selfishness, lust, and unbelief. (to name a few)
You choose. I choose. We must make a choice.
The fence is not an option. There is no middle ground.

4 comments:

  1. Love this! SO good and so encouraging! Thanks for sharing!! <3

    ~Tashia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such a truth packed parcel, Heather! I love how God teaches us all different thing and they all fit together so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting y'all! I was actually hesitant to post this. I don't know, some of it felt a little harsh. But I really felt like God said "It's not your message it's mine." So that definitely gave me the confidence to post it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather I love this!! Wow, so much truth in this. I especially love how you pointed out that 'Can't' and 'Won't' shouldn't even be in our spiritual vocabulary. It's good to have a firm conviction about something, but we need to remain humble and open to what other people might want to show us. We'll never stop learning!! Thanks so much for posting this <33 Miss you!

    ReplyDelete