I HEART U

Saturday, September 8, 2018

~Prayer for an undivided heart

God I pray for an undivided heart. One that seeks you above all else. One that does not shrink at the thought of entering your presence, and one that stays there till you are done speaking.
Lord my heart gets so distracted and consumed by life and the things of the flesh. Give me the desire to push through and continue seeking you.
Bless me with burdens that drive me to my knees before your throne.
Let my heart see the frailty of life and look to what is eternally lasting. You. And you alone.
May my heart not grow weary in seeking you. But in the case that it does, help me to push on anyway.
Give me passion to pray when there's no hope; courage to run to you when life is uncertain; and endurance to wait when I don't hear your voice.
May my heart be always and ever, set on you, no matter what.
May you be the tower I run to, the wings I hide under, and the secret place where I abide.

1 comment:

  1. "Bless me with burdens that drive me to my knees before your throne." What a true, yet courageous prayer. Reading this post was encouraging to me - thank you, Heather! ♥

    ReplyDelete