I HEART U

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

~God and Horses

I'm just going to pretend that it hasn't been 4 months since I last posted! 😟
So I was thinking...
God is a gentleman. He never forces His will on anyone. The easiest way for me to understand and explain this is to liken it to me training my horse.
Now you the reader might not know a thing about horses, but you can probably figure this one out: how easy is it for me to train a horse that doesn't want to submit?
Not very easy, right?
Now I could make the horse submit by tying it up, or hobbling its legs. I could even use harsh equipment and make it yield because of pain. But would that make me a good trainer?
NO!
Because my relationship with that horse would be based on domination and intimidation, not trust and respect.
Why would it be any different with God?
He never forces us because He wants us to learn to love and trust Him. He does not want compliant slaves. He desires and longs for willing servants.
I love working with young horses that are eager to please. Even though in the beginning they mess up a lot and don't know what I want of them, they still show me by their attitude: I'm trying, I'm trying!
And that's beautiful.
Once they realize that with me there is safety and leadership, they seek it. And it just grows from there.
Just. Like. With God.
In the front of my Bible I have a little piece of paper. And on it I have written DONKEY.
Intrigued?!
I have it there as a reminder for myself that God's will, will be accomplished with or without me. He can use anything, even a donkey. (Balaam and the talking donkey)
I do NOT want to be replaced by a donkey!
Not only will God go find someone or something else to replace me, but He will also take the blessing that I would have received. And bestow it on another.
I want the blessing! Therefore, I choose to be willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment