I HEART U

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

~A time to wait


   I have found that God has three answers for when I ask Him for something. The first one that I think of is "Yes." I probably hope for this one the most! ;) (Who doesn't like it when they get what they want?) But also I realize that God is telling me "Yes, it is time."
  The next one "no," most people probably don't like as much, but think about it. If He is saying no, He has a reason for it. He can see the whole way through your life and tell if it would be good for you or not. God cares about you, and loves you so much that He doesn't want bad things to happen to you. By bad I mean things that will hinder your spiritual walk with Him. Our "bad" isn't always the same as His "bad." So through this, hopefully the next time you ask God for something, you will start off by asking if its "good" for you or not.

    Matthew 7:9-11 says "Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask for bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask for a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask Him?" 

   If we are unwilling to accept God's "NO" then we are not seeking His will but our own. Which also means we don't want His best.
   The third answer is "Yes, but not yet." Just wait...
   The account of Hannah the mother of Samuel comes to mind. She was not able to have the children she very much wanted. For years she longed for children. So one day she went to the temple and just cried her heart out to God. She vowed that if God would bless her with a son, she would give him back to God. And you know what? God gave her a son!
   Through that, you can see that God sometimes requires things of us before He can answer our prayers. If we understand that God has our best in mind we will be able to wholeheartedly accept any of His answers.

My times are in my Father's hand;
How could I wish or ask for more?
For He who has my pathway planned
Will guide me till my journey's o're. 
-Fraser

2 comments:

  1. That picture I took while we were driving through Kentucky. I couldn't believe how clear it got. Anyway we are now in Arkansas so I'll have a big TRIP post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful words Heather!

    In Christ,

    Cassie

    ReplyDelete