I HEART U

Monday, November 4, 2013

~Love NOT the world

(Just a little bit of humor up there, but isn't this how a lot of people live? Like their horses or other animals are the most important things in life.)

Love not the world neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. -1 John 2:15

I may be getting a little personal here but this is from the Bible and we as confessing Christians claim to believe the whole thing, right? So this is part of it.
   Paul encourages here to ‘Love not the world neither the things that are in the world.’He's not talking about people obviously, because we are to love all men. Paul is speaking of the worldly pleasures and the lusts of our flesh. So how does this apply to us as girls? Maybe stylish fads? The latest shoes? The coolest new hair style? We as girls probably struggle with these categories the most. But what is that saying of us? That we are more worried about what other people think about us than what God thinks about us? I'll be honest with you, those don't affect me that much but my love for horses may be higher than it should. I love working with them and learning from them. So please pray for me that I can keep horses in their proper position and God at the center of my life.
  In John 14 verse 21, Jesus gives us a very clear test as to see where we are, and if we truly love God. He says "He that hath my commandments and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my father, and I will love him, and manifest myself to him."      
 Did you notice the test? If you know His commandments and obey them, (with a pure heart) that means you love Him because you WANT to do what He asks. Then if you love Him, you will be loved of God, and Jesus will love you and show himself to you. 
   So do you love Him?

John 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments." 

1 comment:

  1. Amen! We need to remember Who gives us all of our personal (PURE) pleasures- Jesus is our source! :)

    -Cassie

    ReplyDelete